Yatango Mobile want to make a difference and disrupt all perceptions of the telecommunications industry. By using social networking as our platform to interact, support and empower our members, Yatango Mobile hopes to develop good relationships and understand its members, who they’re connecting with and how to make mobile simpler – a telco for the people, run by the people!
Yatango Mobile Quick Summary
||MMS||Data||Call Cap/Credit||Voice mail1||Extras||2 Min Call3||More|
|PAYG||11c||9c||90||50c||5c/MB||11c||$10 Starter Kit||22c/45 Calls||Buy Yatango Mobile|
|Personalised $25||11c||9c||30||50c||500MB||200 mins + 200 mins to Yatango + 100 TXT||11c||22c/100 Calls|
|Personalised $31||11c||9c||30||50c||1GB||400 mins + 400 mins to Yatango + 100 TXT||11c||22c/200 Calls|
|Personalised $35||11c||9c||30||50c||2GB||400 mins + 400 mins to Yatango + 100 TXT||11c||22c/200 Calls|
|Unlimited Pack $29.90||Unlimited||Unlimited||30||Unlimited||1GB||Unlimited Calls||Unlimited||p/KB data increments||Unlimited Calls|
|Unlimited Pack $39.90||Unlimited||Unlimited||30||Unlimited||3GB||Unlimited Calls||Unlimited||p/KB data increments||Unlimited Calls|
|Unlimited Pack $49.90||Unlimited||Unlimited||30||Unlimited||5GB||Unlimited Calls||Unlimited||p/KB data increments||Unlimited Calls|
|Data Pack $11||30||1GB||p/KB data increments|
|Data Pack $69||30||10GB||p/KB data increments|
Outside of buying your credit in PAYG rates and the new Unlimited Packs you can access a whole of value by making your own plan: These combinations are called the Personalised plans and this is what you can buy for your money:
- Fixed and Mobile Calls – $7 buys you 100 mins (7c/min), $10 buys 200 mins (5c/min), $14 buys 400 mins (3.5c/min), $17 buys you 600 mins (2.8c/min) and $23 buys 1000 mins (2.3c/min). With each selection you also receive an equivalent amount of minutes for calling other Yatango members for free.
- TXT – $6 buys you 100 TXT (6c/TXT), $9 buys 200 TXT (4.5c/TXT), $11 buys 400 TXT (2.8c/TXT), $13 buys 600 TXT (2.1c/TXT) and $17 buys 1000 TXT (1.7c/TXT).
- Data – $5 buys you 200MB (2.5c/MB), $9 buys 500MB (1.8c/MB), $11 buys 1GB (1.1c/MB), $15 buys 2GB (.01c/MB), $25 buys 3GB (0.008c/MB), $39 buys 5GB (0.0078c/MB) and $69 buys 10GB (0.0069c/MB). Per KB data increments.
- International Calls – $5 buys you 50 mins (10c/min), $10 buys 100 mins (10c/min), $20 buys 200 mins (10c/min) and $30 buys 300 mins (10c/min). The select International destinations include: Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Canada, China, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam.
Unlimited Packs – these plans also allow you to choose the data you need.
- Unlimited Packs – Unlimited local calls and TXT/MMS is $27.90. You can add data to this: $8 buys 1GB, $16 buys 3GB and $31 buys 5GB.
Prepaid Mobile Review – Yatango Mobile (May 2015)
This is my second review of the Yatango service. Having been a former Savytel customer, I have ported one of my mobile phone numbers across to Yatango as part of the Savvytel shutdown. In doing so I have taken advantage of the PAYG rates from Yatango but also seen an opportunity to undertake another review of the service, particularly the 4G speed which has been around for about 12 months.
My Savvytel replacement sim from Yatango arrived within a few days my request. The setup was really quick and easy with the $10 bonus credit plus any left over credit transferred across as promised.
This is what I like about the Yatango activation process, you do all of the work at the point of ordering it. The activation process took less than a minute and involved the click of just one button. To activate you log into your account (email and password selected at the point of signup), the website recognises that you are yet to activate your account and sends you to a screen with the Activation button which you click and off you go, all done. Now all you need to do is install the sim card and you are ready to spend.
Seriously it was that easy and quick!
What has really impressed me about Yatango however is the account management function of their website. It is really informative. So much better than pretty much every prepaid mobile provider I have reviewed recently (or ever). The phone calls I made and TXTs I sent all worked fine and so did the internet. Speeds are below.
Yatango uses the Optus 4G network. 4G was launched around May 2014 with Yatango now the first independent prepaid mobile plan provider to offer 4G plans.
The Online Account access offered by Yatango is the best I have seen so far. There are a series of tabs with the first being the Dashboard. This is actually live and gets updated pretty much instantly. So if you want to know exactly how much you have used for the day or month this is where to go. The second tab is the Usage History and gives you a call by call or TXT by TXT breakdown of what you have done. You can sort by type of activity and by date range. The third tab is Friends which displays the friends you have introduced to the service and the credit you have earned and finally you have Community which is the support function.The Online Portal also allows you to update your plan allowances and topup.
The Mobile Phone Application is available in both iOS and Android. The functionality includes an overview of what you have used, your activity in terms of actual use as well as the ability to make payments online for prepaid topups.
I undertook the Yatango speed test at the same time as I was testing my Amaysim 4G and Vaya Mobile 4G sim cards. The results where actually very good and consistent with that offered by achieved by Amaysim. I undertook three tests, 2 in the evening (peak hour) and indoors and the other in the evening (peak hour) but outdoors. The phone I used for the test is 4G enabled – Samsung S4 Mini.
|Date||20/5 – 8.12pm||20/5 – 8.35pm||21/5 – 8.06pm
PAYG Call Costs
Call rates are as follows and apply to both postpaid and prepaid mobile plans:
- 11c/min calls with no flagfall
- Calls to Yatango customers are free
- 9c TXT
- 35c International TXT
- 50c MMS
- 90c International MMS
- 5c/MB data (per KB data increments)
- For international there is a Voice Pack as well as PAYG rates by country.
So lets make a plan and show you the cost. $27/mth can buy you the following combination:
- 200 mins of calls ($10) + 200 mins to Yatango
- 100 TXT ($6)
- 1GB ($11)
- You an obviously slice and dice this any way you want. If you wanted data only 3GB/mth with cost you $25.
In terms of community bonuses, there are a couple of levels that will be offered, these include:
- Yatango reward you with 50c Yatango credit for every customer service question you answer correctly in the community.
- Earn $20 Yatango credit for every friend & family member you bring onto Yatango.
- Build your own plan is long overdue. Feedback from Yatango is that you can adjust your spend and what you spend your allowance on each month based on what you need. So it is very flexible.
- Great range of Unlimited Packs
- $20 reward for bring in friends is great and unlimited/free calls to friends is even better. The Community side of rewards is an interesting one and I will give it go and see how quickly Yatango reward you.
- Over the past month, Yatango sharpened their pencils and revised pricing quite a bit making the whole proposition much more attractive. Add to this the fact that they will help you shape your plan to your spend. There are some great advantages in using Yatango.
- Online Access Portal is really easy to use and updates are live.
- Activation process is very, very simple.
- 4G is now offered!
Would I signup?
I have my mother using the PAYG service with a 90 day credit expiry and very discounted PAYG calls. Great value for a low user who only ever calls and makes no TXT nor uses data.
|Summary||PAYG + Personalised + Unlimited Packs|
|Video Calls||50c/min + 60c flagfall|
|Calls within network||11c or Free|
|1300 & 1800 numbers||22c|
1 – rate per minute. ^Charged in 30 sec blocks
2 – expiry period in days
3 – cost of a 2 minute call. Number of 2 minute calls made using credit provided to any network (excludes calls within network). Where no minimum credit is indicated, $20 is used.