Optus it seems have closed the every popular New Turbo Cap Plus prepaid offer. This is version two or three or four of the Turbo Cap Plus deal which not only covers prepaid mobile plans for your standard phone but also the Optus Blackberry prepaid offer.
Scrolling through their website and reading through their latest prepaid offer brochure, there is no mention of the New Turbo Cap Plus any more. With the launch of Prepaid Social a few weeks ago, it looks like come 1 August, it was curtains for the popular prepaid offer.
Prepaid Social does offers somewhat similar value when it comes to calls for the $30 recharge level, however as you recharge more eg $50 and $100, the value falls away rather quickly, compare them below.
Compare them here:
- $30 – $30 + 250 minutes + 500MB (138, 2 minute calls)
- $50 – $50 + 450 minutes + 2.5GB (248, 2 minute calls)
- $100 – $100 + 900 minutes + 5GB (496, 2 minute calls)
- $30 – $300 + 500MB + free weekend calls (138, 2 minute calls)
- $50 – $1000 minutes + 3GB + free weekend calls (460, 2 minute calls)
- $100 – $1200 – 7GB (unlimited local calls)
I know which plan I would rather have in my phone, New Turbo Cap Plus offered much better value for customers. It might be in repairs for a refresh but given they (Optus) have printed brochures without it, it seems it is curtains for the offer for atleast 3 months (maybe next brochure reprint).