New product news on a Monday morning. Optus have launched a new prepaid mobile offer called Optus Prepaid Social. This new prepaid mobile plan gives you loads of unlimited prepaid benefits including unlimited talk and SMS to other Optus members plus unlimited SMS to anyone in Australia. All plans also come with unlimited social media access to the usual suspects, Facebook, twitter and the others.
There are few recharge options and each of them comes with call credit and talk minutes to other mobiles and fixed lines in Australia plus 23 predetermined international locations. This is interesting.
Recharge options include:
- $30 – $30 call credits, 250 call minutes and 500mb data
- $40 – $40 call credits, 350 call minutes and 1gb data
- $50 – $50 call credits, 450 call minutes and 2.5gb data
- $70 – $70 call credits, 650 call minutes and 4gb data
- $100 – $100 call credits, 900 call minutes and 5gb data
Credit expiry is 28 days. Call charges are 89c per minute with a 39c flagfall. SMS is 29c. Data is charged at $2 per mb.
The 23 international call destinations include Bangladesh, Cambodia, Canada, China, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Kuwait, Laos, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Thailand, UK, USA and Vietnam.