What can you do in six minutes? If you are the Jonas Brothers you can apparently fall in love in six minutes. Another way to burn six minutes would be to do a fast work out or you could even burn through your entire data plan? Surely not?
Although it’s highly unlikely that anyone would really burn their entire data plan in just six minutes, with the introduction of newer and faster models this may just be the case. We will soon be at the stage where millions of mobile device users will possess an extremely fast device capable of downloading huge amounts of data yet still having to stick to the same data plans. It’s even starting to happen right now with the new Apple Ipad already released with its tantalising 4G LTE data connection. The point is whether it’s a mobile handset or pre-paid internet dongle, eventually all models will be updating and evolving to the fastest possible speed available.
With this in mind we will need to be careful of how much data we are using on our current plans ensuring we do not go over our budget per month. No matter what smartphone or tablet you may be using its important to keep the following tips in mind to ensure you don’t end up setting flames to your dollars in a short space of time:
- Ensure your wireless connection is turned off while you are not using your phone
- As well as keeping a check on how much social media you may be using, viber & skype may be free services but they use quite some data to connect
- Set up weekly messages from your provider to let you know how your tracking with your data allowances, you can also call the 4 digit numbers (depending on individual provider) to get this information
- Some plans may include special offers for the weekends or evenings so try and stick to these rules to save money, if you find it hard to do this it may be worthwhile researching for a new plan
- Choosing a provider who have no roaming charges for when your travelling is a big bonus
- Use as much of your free minutes or network minutes as possible to get your value for money
- Make a monthly budget and stick to it, even if it means cutting that usual 10 minute phone call to six minutes
Every little cent adds up and as we all know it’s the little things that count the most when it comes to saving money with your pre-paid plan.
Just how popular is 4G at the moment. Well Telstra is the only one offering it at the moment. They claim to have 300,000 users with a 4G device, covered by some 1000 base stations across the country.
By Michaela D